Thursday, December 4, 2008

Being stalked by an ex...

Ok... so we've all done it, you know googled an ex or wandered your way over to their Bebo/ MySpace/ Facebook page just to see how they are/ what they're up to (or in other words are they going out with anyone new)... BUT, it's getting a bit creepy for me of late... In the past month, an ex from 6 years ago that now lives on a different continent has googled me (on the sly cause she probably figured I'd pick up on the location if she typed my full name in what with my knowledge of web thingys and all). So she googles me by using my first name combined with the college that I went to, which interestingly enough returns a pretty high ranking... Hhhmmm. Pity for her that she didn't realise the college that she is in came up in the stats program... coincidence, I think not... I then received an e-mail from her a few days later and an invite to connect on facebook, which I have done so and will not be mentioning the recent google/ stalk-like incident. So that's that ex...

Hhhhmmmm... in other ex stalk-worthy news... a much more recent ex (yes if you've read any previous posts, you know who I mean) didn't seem to take the hint when I didn't reply to any of her recent text messages and must have decided that the e-mail route might prove more productive... Well, I read the e-mail, re-read it about 20 times and then decided not to reply to that either... until about a week ago. No point in being a complete cold-hearted bitch and it's coming up to Christmas plus we're broken up a few months now so I thought I'd drop her a line (well actually it was 3 lines but it was a response nonetheless and will hopefully have given the impression that I hope she's well but I don't want any contact for a while yet in so many words). Then a former roommate of hers adds me as a friend on a social netorking site and we exchange a few messages. Ah bless, nice guy... coincidentally I bump into him and a few others at Q+A last weekend and we have a short chat (not mentioning aforementioned ex)... Following day I get the 'oh I heard you bumped into xyz last night, hope you had a good night' text... Fair enough, this doesn't quite qualify as stalking... but come on leave me alone for a while! Just because I talked to someone we both know does not mean you have to contact me about it when it has nothing to do with you... If you love somebody set them free and all the other stuff that Sting sings about!

The End

No comments: