Monday, March 23, 2009

We're Irish... Get us out of here!

We had our first fight last weekend since getting back together. (Yeah, we're back together... I haven't mentioned that yet, have I?)

It built up after attending the working abroad expo in the RDS. After which, we (she) realised that it wasn't going to be quite as easy as we had thought to get out of this country. It probably didn't help that we spent the whole weekend talking about emigration either... The final straw came when I said in a temper "I don't have a visa now cause we got back together!" The response was "Fuck you!" and she stormed out of the room.

I have to say kudos to Canada for recognising same-sex partnerships and providing us with the same status as married couples and other straight couples when applying for residency.

*Note: We've since made up. (I apologised for being a bitch)...

Get us out of here!

No comments: